BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

How We Met

I have been the proud owner of a Nikon D90 since Monday May 11th. I finally got over the worries that I would be wasting my money. I figure that if I'm so dense that I can't figure out how to use it to it's full potential I can always sell it! And I still have my point-and-shoot Sony Cybershot. I've been searching online everywhere to find the best deal. A search on Ebay revealed some awesome steals. You know the saying "If it's too good to be true it probably is"? Well, that is most definitely true. The majority of the camera shops selling these great Nikon packages aren't even authorized dealers. They're selling grey market products. I didn't want to spend all this money and not have a serviceable warranty, so off I went to Best Buy with a bunch of stuff I printed off the internet.

Best Buy has a great price matching policy and I was able to haggle down the price. I immediately told the salesman that I was looking at prices other places and found them for much cheaper. I also told him I would be getting accessories and an additional lens besides the kit so I wanted to see what he could do for me. He knocked a couple hundred off the camera and the lens that I bought. I got filters, a bag, a memory card, and a tripod. All togehter I was a very happy camper. I immediately took the boys to the park so I could get some shooting out of my system.



0 comments: